Welcome from the Superintendent
GET READY TO KICK OFF YOUR STUDENT LIFE WITH US!
It is my privilege to welcome you to Cebu International School (CIS), an IB World School located in the lush green suburbs of Cebu City, capital of Cebu, a world-renowned tropical island paradise!
Established in 1924, CIS offers a progressive program of contemporary international education that is the product of decades of focused development. The mission of CIS is to recognize and nurture potential, as well as to empower all members of the community to make a positive impact on our changing world. We have a reputation for graduating motivated and committed students who strive to attain their personal excellence in whatever they do.
Some defining characteristics of CIS include:
A Diverse Community of Learners
- Students, parents, faculty, and staff members from a diverse range of countries (over 20 nationalities!) and cultural backgrounds who support each other and thrive from growing together.
- Small school and class sizes that enable caring and personalized learning experiences.
Extraordinary Faculty & Curriculum
- Experienced, qualified, and caring teachers selected from the best applicants from all over the world (over 10 nationalities represented) and who actively nurture a student-centered school climate.
- Globally recognized International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum offered in conjunction with a comprehensive and inclusive extracurricular activities program.
- Early Years (from 3 year olds)-Grade 5: IB Primary Years Programme (PYP)
- Grades 6-10: IB Middle Years Programme (MYP)
- Grades 11-12: IB Diploma Programme (DP)
- Purposeful use of technology using 21st-century learning techniques to enhance authentic learning.
A Proven History of Excellence in International Education
- The only school in the Philippines authorized to offer all three academic programs of the globally recognized International Baccalaureate Organization – the PYP, MYP and DP.
- The only school in the Visayas and Mindanao island groups of the Philippines to be internationally accredited by the Council of International Schools (CIS) and US-based Accrediting Commission for Schools Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). We also undergo regular verification visits to maintain our IB program authorisation, ensuring our program continues to reach and exceed expectations using the rigorous IB program standards and practices.
- The only school in the Visayas island group and one of only a select few schools in the country to be recognized by the Philippine Government under the Republic Act 9190, giving CIS full recognition as an educational institution, international in character.
- Almost 100 years of experience (our centenary is coming up in 2024) not only delivering an international education, but continually striving to develop our programs to be the best they can be!
World-Class Facilities & Unique Location
- A well-resourced campus with modern facilities.
- Located in Cebu, a dynamic economical hub, and one of the most beautiful islands in the world, rich in history and culture.
- A brand new full-service 40-student Student Residence safely and conveniently situated inside our walled 24-hour guarded campus. This world-class boarding facility opens in July 2022, and we are excited for the additional opportunity it provides our regionally-located families.
The CIS experience is anchored in our belief and philosophy that each child is unique and has potential that must be identified and nurtured. As citizens of the world, we believe in the strong universal moral values of respect, integrity, and social responsibility. Together we are responsible, respectful, and prepared.
As we approach our 100th anniversary, CIS remains being fully committed to providing the best education possible, keeping a distinct, “I am noticed, I am loved, and I am capable” characteristic that is so desirable for nurturing children.
I invite families interested in joining CIS to peruse our website to learn more about our programs, activities, and community, as well as come in to visit us in person if you are able. We are confident that you will experience our special CIS atmosphere as soon as you drive in our front gate!
Please contact our Admissions Department for more information or make an appointment via OpenApply. We would love the opportunity to meet and show you around!
Dr. Gwyn Underwood